Archive for the ‘Evangelism’ Category
THE ANOTHER PERVERTED GOSPEL OF JOHN HAGEE:
Galatians 1:6-9 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
John Hagee said:
“I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption.” (San Antonio fundamentalist battles anti-Semitism, Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988, sec. 6, pg. 1.).
But the bible says:
– John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
– 1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
The Houston Chronicle article further reported:
“John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel, is truly a strange fish. … The man has a mission. He’s out to attack anti-Semitism. He also believes that Jews can come to God without going through Jesus Christ.”
The Houston newspaper then quoted Hagee’s own shocking words:
“I’m not trying to convert the Jewish people to the Christian faith.” (San Antonio fundamentalist battles anti-Semitism,” Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988, sec. 6, pg. 1.)
And he further revealed:
“In fact, trying to convert Jews is a ‘waste of time,’ he said. ‘The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure.’ Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha’i, needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not Jews. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says.”
But the bible says:
– 2 Corinthians 3:14-18 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
– Romans 10:1-4 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
– Romans 10:9-14 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Hagee’s gospel is blatantly a false gospel of salvation by race, not by grace through faith! It’s a perverted gospel of salvation by blood (flesh) not by belief! It’s another gospel of salvation by birth, not by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
The bible says:
– John 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
– Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
– Acts 4:10-12 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
“…I do not say, Don’t play games or cricket and so forth. By all means play and enjoy them, giving thanks to Jesus for them. Only take care that games do not become an idol to you as they did to me. What good will it do to anybody in the next world to have been the best player that ever has been? And then think of the difference between that and winning souls for Jesus.”
– C.T. Studd
The preacher is to be brave, a witness-martus-martyr….the apostles, like our Lord, went to martyrdom for faithfully proclaiming the Word of God. The Master said, “If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.” And, “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets.” Paul said, “If I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.” The mind of the natural man is enmity against God; therefore the unsaved demand of the preacher, “Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits;” and a premium is placed upon finesse by many in authority in the church. Because of this, it requires as sublime courage in these days to speak faithfully the Word of God as was shown by Micaiah, when he stood before Ahab, Jehosaphat and the four hundred lying prophets; or Simon Peter when he said to the threatening, wrathful rulers of Israel, “We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.” There never was so much need of fearlessness on the part of the servant of God as in these days; brave true men, who will not receive honors of men, or seek their own, are absolutely necessary to successful evangelism.
– Evangelist L. W. Munhall
What America needs is for every “evangelical” and “fundamentalist” and Bible-believing church in the land to preach nothing but God’s highness, holiness, and wrath for several months running, because a pampered people who have been treated with a powerful dose of self-esteem from infancy don’t understand their great sinfulness before God, and an individual who doesn’t understand his sinfulness doesn’t properly understand God’s grace. In the Epistle to Rome, Paul spent nearly three chapters preaching on God’s holiness and judgment before he mentioned justification by grace, but evangelism is usually quick and shallow today, whether it is evangelical evangelism or independent Baptist evangelism.
– David Cloud
“You will search the Scriptures in vain to find a verse or passage about a ‘sinner’s prayer,’ ‘accept Christ,’ or ‘Ask Jesus into your heart.’ The Bible simply does not say that’s how to be saved. Simply believing in Jesus does not save someone. It’s turning from sins and putting your complete trust in the finished work of Christ for salvation that saves you. The sinner needs to realize that he must beg Christ to accept him! We don’t need to approve Him; we need Him to approve us!”
– Vincent Williams
Luke 18:13-14 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Luke 15:18-19 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
John 2:23-25 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
James 2:17-20 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
PENTAGON MAY COURT MARTIAL SOLDIERS WHO PROMOTE THEIR FAITH – The following is excerpted from “Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial,” Breitbart, May 1, 2013:
“The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: ‘Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense … Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis…’ The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith. (From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians–including chaplains–sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of ‘treason,’ and of committing an act of ‘spiritual rape’ as serious a crime as ‘sexual assault.’ He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are ‘enemies of the Constitution.’) Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military. So President Barack Obama’s civilian appointees who lead the Pentagon are confirming that the military will make it a crime–possibly resulting in imprisonment–for those in uniform to share their faith. This would include chaplains—military officers who are ordained clergymen of their faith (mostly Christian pastors or priests, or Jewish rabbis)–whose duty since the founding of the U.S. military under George Washington is to teach their faith and minister to the spiritual needs of troops who come to them for counsel, instruction, or comfort.”
Quick Prayerism is an evangelistic methodology that is
quick to get people to pray a sinner’s prayer after a shallow
gospel presentation and usually without any hint of the
necessity of repentance (or by redefining repentance to be the
same as faith or to be a mere change of mind).
It is quick to pronounce those people saved and to give
them “assurance” and to try to baptize them even if they
barely show any interest and even if they give zero biblical
evidence of having been born again.
Frequently, Quick Prayerism incorporates psychological
salesmanship manipulation. …..
In Quick Prayerism, an empty “sinner’s prayer” typically
replaces Holy Spirit conviction and miraculous regeneration.
Quick Prayerism is characterized by soul winning reports
that are grossly exaggerated, since the number of real
conversions (as evidenced by changed lives) are tiny
compared to the overall statistics. ……
We realize that not everyone that professes Christ will “pan
out.” There will be false professions in any ministry, but
Quick Prayerism is characterized by the amazing fact that
THE VAST MAJORITY of its professions are EMPTY.
– David Cloud
“Would that God would make hell so real to us that we cannot rest; heaven so real that we must have men there, Christ so real that our supreme motive and aim shall be to make the Man of Sorrows the Man of Joy by the conversion to him of many.”
– Hudson Taylor
“I have known, in my short time, certain churches, in the paroxysms of delirium, meeting houses crowded, aisles filled, preachers stamping and thundering, hearers intoxicated with excitement, and persons converted by wholesale—even children
converted by hundreds—they said thousands. Well, and a month or two after, where were the congregations? where were the converts? Echo has answered, “Where, where?” Why, the converts were worse sinners than they were before; or mere professors, puffed up into a superficial religion, from which they soon fell into a hopeless coldness, which has rendered it difficult ever to stir them again.”
– C. H. Spurgeon